- Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens/Sabal serrulata) is a palm like plant with berries that were a staple food and medicine for the Native Americans of the southeastern United States.
- Saw palmetto is a remarkable herb for both men and women and is used by natural health practitioners to treat a variety of ailments such as testicular inflammation, urinary tract inflammation, coughs and respiratory congestion.
- Saw Palmetto inhibits the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). BPH is thought to be caused by an increase in testosterone to DHT.
- It is also used to strengthen the thyroid gland, balance the metabolism, stimulate appetite and aid digestion.
- Today, the primary use of saw palmetto is to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland.
- A review of 24 European trials studying the effects of saw palmetto was conducted in 1998. The review found that the men taking saw palmetto had a 28% improvement in urinary tract symptoms, a 24% improvement in peak urine flow and 43% improvement in overall urine flow.
- Particularly, there is much scientific documentation outlining the effectiveness of the herb in treating irritable bladder and urinary problems in men with BPH.
- BPH results in a swelling of the prostate gland that obstructs the urethra. This causes painful urination, reduced urine flow, difficulty starting or stopping the flow, dribbling after urination and more frequent nighttime urination.
- In addition to causing pain, BPH can lead to serious kidney problems if undiagnosed and left untreated. It is a common problem in men over the age of 40.
- Estimates are that 50-60% of all men will develop BPH in their lifetimes.
Maple Organics Prostate ONE uses a potent bland of saw palmetto, lycopene, pygeum africanum, maca root and much more to relieve urologic symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia & promote prostate health.
|Medicinal Ingredients (Per Capsule):|
|Saw Palmetto||200 mg||Beta-Sitosterols||15 mg|
|Lycopene||100 mg||Rye Pollen P.E. 20:1||30 mg|
|Maca Root P.E||50 mg||American Ginseng P.E||50 mg|
|Beta Carotene Powder 1%||50 mg||Pygeum Africanum P.E||50 mg|