|Medicinal Ingredients (Per Capsule):|
|Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin)||150 mg|
|Milk Thistle Seed Powder||350 mg|
- Milk Thistle is unique in its ability to protect the liver and has no equivalent in the pharmaceutical drug world.
- Milk Thistle is widely used to treat alcoholic hepatitis, alcoholic fatty liver, cirrhosis, liver poisening and viral hepatitis. It has also been shown to protect the liver against medications such as acetaminophen, a non-aspirin pain reliever.
- The active ingredient in milk thistle is known as silymarin.
- This substance helps repair liver cells damaged by alcohol and other toxic substances by stimulating protein synthesis.
- Silymarin also seems to encourage liver cell growth. It can reduce inflammation (important for people with liver inflammation or hepatitis), and has potent antioxidant effects.
- Milk Thistle naturally contains about 70 – 80% Silymarin. Additionally, this herb benefits adrenal disorders and inflammatory bowel syndrome, and is used to treat psoriasis (increases bile flow).
- A comprehensive review by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) recently identified 16 scientific studies on the use of milk thistle for the treatment of various forms of liver disease.
- Several studies evaluating milk thistle for alcoholic liver disease found significant improvements in liver function.